Skylum allows millions of photographers to make incredible images faster. We automate photo editing with the power of AI yet leave all the creative control in the hands of the artist. Our software gives rise to entirely new ways to enjoy photography, and we can’t do it without an incredible team of engineers and visionaries behind every release. You can change the way people imagine their photos to be.
Who are we looking for:
- Expert in research in the field of artificial intelligence/machine learning with an extensive set of technical skills and experience in transforming ideas into profitable business solutions.
- 3+ years of experience as a Computer Vision Research Engineer with expertise in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Data Science, and Consumer Electronics.
- Experience in managing the R&D team.
- Experience in Image Processing / Video Processing.
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics skills:
- Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Generative Adversarial Networks (GAN) and Feature-based
- Transfer Learning/Domain Adaptation, Classification, Clustering, Dimensionality Reduction, Multi-modal Fusion, Model Selection,
Computer vision: Detection, Tracking, Classification, Recognition, Re-Identification, Segmentation, Visual Feature Extraction (traditional and Deep Learning-based techniques), Augmentation, OpenCV.
Languages: Python, NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, sci-kit learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, C++
Creation of unique, innovative Image Processing technologies, Computer Vision;
Machine learning. Improving the efficiency of the R&D department.
- The number of new technologies delivered to the consumer over some time.
- Hypothesis testing speed.
- Team efficiency (with an optimal budget to achieve maximum results).
- The number of new patents (To Be Discussed).
- Ensuring that objectives are met by the R&D team each quarter.
- Collecting requirements from customers before the implementation of the task.
- R&D team backlog management. The R&D team will have its own backlog.
- A preliminary cost and complexity estimate in the R&D backlog to help prioritize tasks that will go into development.
- R&D team management (maintaining motivation level; hiring and reviewing engineers; ensuring efficient work).
- Managing the budget of the R&D team.
- Ensuring team growth; working on the level of their knowledge.
- Creation, maintenance, and optimization of development processes within the R&D department and interaction with external departments. Assisting the team in resolving blocking issues.
- Working with external contractors that will be necessary for the needs of R&D.
- Organization of the quality of implemented technologies testing process.
- Interaction with the Engineering team to optimize the process.
- Up-to-date documentation support for developed technologies.
- Keep our knowledge of the latest developments and technologies up to date
- Monitoring the market to be aware of new technologies or technology prototypes.
- Keeping track of new technological white papers in the field of Image Processing / Video
- Bringing up-to-date knowledge to the team and management.
- Legal activities
- Conducting new technologies patent registration. Working closely with engineers and lawyers on patent registration.
- Work with lawyers in case of technology-related patent proceedings.
- Up-to-date documentation on all activities.
- Execution of the current plan of the RnD team.
- Building transparent work processes for the RnD team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
For personal growth:
- A chance to work with a strong team and a unique opportunity to make substantial contributions to our award-winning photo editing tools.
- An educational allowance to ensure that your skills stay sharp.
- Competitive salary and remote-first job.
- Medical insurance.
- Twenty-one days of paid sick leave per year.
- Twenty-one days of paid vacation per year.
- Corporate events at least two times a year.