1. Accent 2.0. Enhance your photos in seconds with the power of Artificial Intelligence and let Luminar Flex do all the heavy lifting. Accent 2.0 is human aware and the perfect adjustment for EVERY photo.
2. Filters catalog. With this new update, whenever you open your Luminar Flex plugin, the Filters catalog will be open by default. It’s perfect to find your favorite filters, fast. It’s also searchable by keywords and tasks, automatically learns from you with the Recent feature, and you can even mark your favorites!
3. Improved Looks. Looks are one of the best things about Luminar Flex. Install them right from the plugin or extension and transform your images into works of art in minutes. You can check them out in the Looks browser, and you can download even more Look packs from our marketplace.
4. Install custom workspaces. Now you have the option of using your own workspaces in the plugin or extension. Simply go to File > Show Workspaces Folder… and add your custom workspaces to this folder. Make Luminar Flex even more comfortable.
5. Performance updates. We love our users and try to fulfill your requests in the best way possible. We’re constantly working to improve the overall performance of Luminar Flex with every update. Enjoy the best version of Luminar Flex ever.
The Luminar Flex plugin helps photographers and designers of all skill levels create better looking images in far less time. Thanks to its unique artificial intelligence and image aware filters, great images are easier than ever.
The Luminar Flex plugin allows you to take advantage of our powerful photo enhancement and styling filters while still being able to use your existing photo software.
We know that there are plenty of Adobe and Apple users who want to use Luminar in their workflow. So we’ve come up with a solution that will provide the easiest way of using Luminar as a plugin to the most popular apps.
Luminar 3 is meant to be used as a standalone application. It offers three different editing workflows:
If you ever want to use Luminar as a plugin, we recommend installing the Luminar Flex plugin. Luminar Flex is designed to work as a plugin with applications like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom Classic, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Apple Aperture and Photos for macOS.
Luminar 3 requires a graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.3. If you’re using a laptop, make sure you run Luminar on a discrete card. Refer to the laptop’s manufacturer for detailed instructions. If your card supports OpenGL 3.3, try fully reinstalling drivers for all graphics cards on your computer. Make sure to download drivers from the card manufacturer’s website.
Luminar lets you add folders from cloud storage locations that are synced to your computer. In this case, synced means that a physical copy of the photo resides on either your internal or external hard drive. If only a reference copy of the photo is located in the cloud storage photo, Luminar will not be able to create a thumbnail or be able to edit the image.
Adding folders from synced cloud storage is very useful in situations where a client or family member adds images remotely to a cloud service server. Once these images are synced locally to your computer, Luminar automatically adds them to your Library.
Check out this video for instructions on how to import your Apple Photos library into Luminar 3.
On Windows 8 / 10:
On Windows 7: